From: Meat Plow on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:56:29 -0700, Tim Wescott wrote:

> My educated guess is that it is a resolver.

That's exactly what it is. Would be a three phase motor to give the
electronics part of the Machinery precise info on speed and position
by calculating phase angles and such. Every CNC machine has them in one
form or another.
From: Jon Elson on
Ignoramus18921 wrote:

> Tim, how much angular accuracy could I get from this resolver, in
> pulses per revolution?

The AD2S1200 converter chip I use in my converter board gives 4096
quadrature counts/rev, with an index pulse.

Jon
From: Ignoramus30076 on
On 2010-08-03, Jon Elson <jmelson(a)wustl.edu> wrote:
> Ignoramus18921 wrote:
>
>> Tim, how much angular accuracy could I get from this resolver, in
>> pulses per revolution?
>>
> The AD2S1200 converter chip I use in my converter board gives 4096
> quadrature counts/rev, with an index pulse.

Sounds like a luxury item.

I already bought this converter from you. Things seemingly are going
well.

Igor
From: Clifford Heath on
Tim Wescott wrote:
> I would bore the hole for the threads

And the easiest way to help get the hole concentric is
to fix the drill bit and rotate the shaft in a lathe.
Since you probably can't chuck the motor's armature, is
is possible you could drill the hole using the motor's
own power to rotate the shaft?