From: Y.Porat on
Wat makes a physics formula- to be relativistic??!!

TIA
Y.Porat
-------------------------------------
From: Helmut Wabnig hwabnig on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 23:23:41 -0700 (PDT), "Y.Porat"
<y.y.porat(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Wat makes a physics formula- to be relativistic??!!
>
>TIA
>Y.Porat
>-------------------------------------

repeated use of lativistic formulas,
or
using retro-lativistic formulas
yield finally
re-lativistic formulas

hope that helps.

w.
From: Inertial on
"Y.Porat" wrote in message

>Wat makes a physics formula- to be relativistic??!!

You've been told before .. 'relativistic' means to do with the theories of
relativity. For formulas, we usually use that adjective specifically for
formulas that only appear in relativity (or can be derived from them) [ eg
the relativistic formula for total energy (E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2) ] and
for formulas that are different under relativity than for classical physics
[ eg the relativistic doppler shift formula, as distinct from the classical
formula ]. Some relativistic formulas have a 'gamma' in them, some do not.
It is not essential for there to be a gamma there.

If you were actually interested (you're probably not) .. you could see
dictionaries such as the following links:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/relativistic
Physics .
a. subject to the special or the general theory of relativity.
b. (of a velocity) having a magnitude that is a significant fraction of the
speed of light.
c. (of a particle) having a relativistic velocity: radiation from
relativistic electrons.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/relativistic
Physics
a. Of, relating to, or resulting from speeds approaching the speed of light:
relativistic increase in mass.
b. Having to do with or based on the theory of relativity: relativistic
mechanics.

From: blackhead on
On 3 July, 07:23, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Wat makes a  physics formula- to be relativistic??!!
>
> TIA
> Y.Porat
> -------------------------------------

It's relativistic if its form doesn't change when viewed from any
frame using the transformations of relativity.

You might define an equation:

Force = mass x acceleration.

Where force is defined as that measured in the frame of the particle,
mass is a constant that is the same in all frames. But on applying the
LT equations to the space and time components of acceleration, you'd
find that it was not of the form:

Force = mass x acceleration'

Hence the equation isn't relativistic.

This is just a simple example, bearing in mind that the definition of
force here isn't the modern one: f = d/dt( gamma mass)
From: Inertial on
"blackhead" wrote in message
>It's relativistic if its form doesn't change when viewed from any
>frame using the transformations of relativity.

I like that definition.