From: Grant Edwards on
What module is recommended for parsing/generating ical files?

Specifically, I'd like to parse invitations generated by MS Outlook
and generate accept/decline responses. I've tinkered with iCalendar
1.2, and have had some success after manualling munging/filtering the
data for some fields:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/icalendar/1.2

However, I'm not sure it's being maintained. Despite the claim on the
above page that the current version is 2.1, The latest version I can
find is v1.2 from 2006.

I've also run across vobject:

http://vobject.skyhouseconsulting.com/

That appears to be a little more active, but I haven't tried it yet.

Is there a canonical "ical" parser/generator module for Python?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I feel better about
at world problems now!
From: Michael Crute on
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> What module is recommended for parsing/generating ical files?
>
> However, I'm not sure it's being maintained.  Despite the claim on the
> above page that the current version is 2.1, The latest version I can
> find is v1.2 from 2006.

I've had pretty good luck with iCalendar, I'm currently using it to
bridge Outlook Web Access to iCal for old versions of Exchange and it
works flawlessly.

--
Michael E. Crute
http://mike.crute.org

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem just with
potatoes. --Douglas Adams