From: est on
Hi list,

just curious, what's the largest python powered website in the world?

and what's the largest django powered website in the world? Is it
disqus.com?
From: Daniel Fetchinson on
> just curious, what's the largest python powered website in the world?

I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered". If
the server side of a web application is written in 3 or more languages
and one of them is python, does that count? If yes, then probably
google and youtube are the "largest python powered websites".

Daniel

From: est on
> I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered".

Except database, presentation layer, major business logic is done by
python.

Except Google/youtube, what's next?
From: James Mills on
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM, est <electronixtar(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Except Google/youtube, what's next?

bitbucket (1) is mostly implemented in Python

cheers
James

1. http://bitbucket.org/

--
-- "Problems are solved by method"
From: Benjamin Kaplan on
On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM, est <electronixtar(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered".
>
> Except database, presentation layer, major business logic is done by
> python.
>
> Except Google/youtube, what's next?

http://www.reddit.com
http://github.com/reddit/reddit

I believe they recently said that they're at 7.5 million users and 270
million page views per month. And the repo is 71% Python with most of
the rest as Javascript.