From: piscesboy on
When is it more advantageous to write your own clojures encapsulating
data and functions than to use the CLOS system?
From: piscesboy on
On Jan 29, 11:27 am, piscesboy <oraclmas...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> When is it more advantageous to write your own clojures encapsulating
> data and functions than to use the CLOS system?

ooops...I meant to say "closures". I'm drunk. Sorry.
From: Tim Bradshaw on
On 2010-01-29 16:27:18 +0000, piscesboy said:

> When is it more advantageous to write your own clojures encapsulating
> data and functions than to use the CLOS system?

On Thursday afternoons. Sometimes also on Saturdays if the moon is
full. Do not attempt this without suitable protective clothing.

From: Frode V. Fjeld on
piscesboy <oraclmaster(a)gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 29, 11:27 am, piscesboy <oraclmas...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> When is it more advantageous to write your own clojures encapsulating
>> data and functions than to use the CLOS system?

I'd say "never" is a fairly good approximation.

> ooops...I meant to say "closures". I'm drunk. Sorry.

Don't worry, we're tolerant of speech impediments here.

--
Frode V. Fjeld
From: piscesboy on
On Jan 29, 12:28 pm, "Frode V. Fjeld" <fr...(a)netfonds.no> wrote:
> piscesboy <oraclmas...(a)gmail.com> writes:
> > On Jan 29, 11:27 am, piscesboy <oraclmas...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> When is it more advantageous to write your own clojures encapsulating
> >> data and functions than to use the CLOS system?
>
> I'd say "never" is a fairly good approximation.
>
> > ooops...I meant to say "closures". I'm drunk. Sorry.
>
> Don't worry, we're tolerant of speech impediments here.

This is a lisp board after all :)