From: GOSH on
Lou B wrote:
GOSH wrote:
>> Good advice is to bypass Window's shortcuts altogether by using
>> SlickRun:
>> <http://www.bayden.com/slickrun/1033/SlickRunHelp.aspx>
>>
>> Not only will it avoid this vulnerability but your programs will start
>> much faster and you won't have a cluttered desktop etc.
>>

>> -GOSH

>Anyone tried this?

Yes, that's why I mentioned it. It is excellent. Bear Bottoms found it
some while ago. Programs start in 1/3rd of the time plus what I said
previously. The command line can be placed anywhere on the desktop and
locked. Easy to use. Highly recommended.

Probably too difficult for za kAT to get his brain cell around though.
<g>

-GOSH

From: za kAT on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:28:31 +0200, GOSH wrote:

> Bottoms found it some while ago.

Better late than never I guess.

> Programs start in 1/3rd of the time

Laughable.

> Probably too difficult for za kAT to get his brain cell around though.

Been using it for more years than Bottoms been around. It's useful to list
bat files and such.

--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!
From: GOSH on
GOSH wrote:

>Yes, that's why I mentioned it. It is excellent. Bear Bottoms found it
>some while ago. Programs start in 1/3rd of the time plus what I said
>previously. The command line can be placed anywhere on the desktop and
>locked. Easy to use. Highly recommended.

An example of the time it takes to start a program:

I have a large application that takes about 9-10secs to start the GUI
via a regular Windows shortcut. But using SlickRun the GUI is up on the
screen ready for use within 3secs. I used to think the delay was caused
by the graphics sub-system, but clearly it's Windows.

Most other programs show a similar improvement in start-up time using
SlickRun MagicWords.

This gives you an insight into the processing overhead imposed by the
Windows shortcut process.

-GOSH

From: GOSH on
za kAT scribbled some more tripe:

za kAT wrote:
>>>No, the clinically insane are those who would waste their time putting
>>>desktop shortcuts into slickrun.
>>
>> The nauseating sound of you wriggling and squirming is too much.
>> Your surrender is gracefully accepted.
>
>That is the kind of answer one would expect from the clinically insane.

I agree, but it's not the first clinically insane post you've made and
it won't be the last. I'm sure about that.

-GOSH