From: DeMarcus on
Hi,

I love comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated but there are several
reasons why I also like published findings. One reason is that I, as
much as possible, try to refer written code to documented C++ techniques.

My question is; if I want to contribute and publish, where would you
recommend me to do that?

Right now I only know of Dr. Dobb's Journal. Where else are C++ findings
published?

Thanks,
Daniel

From: Nick Hounsome on
On 30 June, 08:45, DeMarcus <use_my_alias_h...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated but there are several
> reasons why I also like published findings. One reason is that I, as
> much as possible, try to refer written code to documented C++ techniques.
>
> My question is; if I want to contribute and publish, where would you
> recommend me to do that?
>
> Right now I only know of Dr. Dobb's Journal. Where else are C++ findings
> published?

What sort of things?

General principles and concepts are often well described in wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Articles_with_example_C%2B%2B_code

Specific standard issues can refer to the committee papers

e.g. http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2002/n1401.pdf

More general topics are usually found on someone's blog

http://herbsutter.com/2008/01/01/gotw-88-a-candidate-for-the-most-important-const/

And of refering to something Stroustrup wrote is often a good argument
winner:

http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq2.html

From: Mathias Gaunard on
On Jun 30, 8:45 am, DeMarcus <use_my_alias_h...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Right now I only know of Dr. Dobb's Journal. Where else are C++ findings
> published?

I suspect the advanced ones are published in research papers.

From: Francis Glassborow on
DeMarcus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated but there are several
> reasons why I also like published findings. One reason is that I, as
> much as possible, try to refer written code to documented C++ techniques.
>
> My question is; if I want to contribute and publish, where would you
> recommend me to do that?
>
> Right now I only know of Dr. Dobb's Journal. Where else are C++ findings
> published?

Overload (one of two journals published by ACCU)

From: Ric Parkin on
On 30 June, 08:45, DeMarcus <use_my_alias_h...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated but there are several
> reasons why I also like published findings. One reason is that I, as
> much as possible, try to refer written code to documented C++ techniques.
>
> My question is; if I want to contribute and publish, where would you
> recommend me to do that?
>
> Right now I only know of Dr. Dobb's Journal. Where else are C++ findings
> published?

While it's not a dedicated C++ magazine, the ACCU's Overload tends to
have a lot of C++

Is published every two months both in print form (mailed worldwide as
part of ACCU membership along with another journal - CVu) and online

See http://accu.org/ for details on membership (good value IMO, but
see disclaimer) and the Overload archive.

Ric
Disclaimer: I'm the editor.