From: Joe McGuire on
Until now I have found it simple to search in WinXP. Click on a folder,
enter a term to search for, click and voila, there are the results. Since
some recent update I now have a dorky "Search Desktop" window on the
desktop. And now I seem to be limited to search ONLY the desktop, as if THAT's
where I'd save all my documents. What the ^#$% happened? Is there a way to
get Search back?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
WinKey+F

From: Joe McGuire on
Thanks, but I get the same lame "Windows Search" instead of the usual that
lets me search in a given folder.

From: Joe McGuire on
And at the bottom of the Windows Search window I see "Click here to use
Search Companion" plus that idiotic dog.

From: T Shadow on

Uninstall the new search thingy in Add/Remove Software. Didn't leave it
installed long enough to remember much about it.