From: Zim Olson on
Hello Math. Forum:

When researching my version of "Non-Functional" several years ago, on the Internet of course, I found no results. I just did a search on Yahoo for this and found many results.

When and Where did this term first come from?

My version of "Non-Functional" maintains that this is a component of any System. Where I coined the term "Stupidity Constant" being part of ANY assesed system/intellgence(s). And also having Social and Physical Sciences implications and applications.

Is there anything like this interpretation 'out there'?

Zim Olson
Creative Mathematics
http://www.zimmathematics.com
From: JEMebius on
"Non-functional" is a Systems Development term;
see for instance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-functional_requirement
The linguistic origin of the term is self-explanatory.

Johan E. Mebius