From: tanhks on
anyone know where got laptop with 20 inch lcd screen for sale?
search in Amazon, shopping.hp.com, laptopdirect.co.uk...and some other
website but couldn't find any 20in laptop.

thanks

From: Barry Watzman on
The whole point of a laptop .... it's reason for being, at least
initiallly .... was portability.

Increasing screen sizes negate that, by definition. At some point,
someone says "STOP!".

I do not believe that there is a sufficiently large market for a 20-inch
laptop to justify it's production and sale. And I suspect that laptop
makers feel the same way. Personally, I am of the opinion that even 17"
is too big, but obviously there are 17" laptops and some people do buy
them. As far as I know, however, that is as big as they come.

From: me on
Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM(a)neo.rr.com> wrote:

>I do not believe that there is a sufficiently large market for a 20-inch
>laptop to justify it's production and sale.

I'm thinking of buying a big laptop to use as a
portable "TV"
From: tanhks on
me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM(a)neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I do not believe that there is a sufficiently large market for a 20-inch
>> laptop to justify it's production and sale.
>
> I'm thinking of buying a big laptop to use as a
> portable "TV"

Yup, a portable "TV" powered by (internal) Li-ion batteries and also can
be use as a computer.
Although a 23" touch screen all in one is 'portable' also but it can't
be powered by (internal)batteries.

From: Steve Pearce on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:46:39 -0400, Barry Watzman
<WatzmanNOSPAM(a)neo.rr.com> wrote:

>Personally, I am of the opinion that even 17"
>is too big, but obviously there are 17" laptops and some people do buy
>them. As far as I know, however, that is as big as they come.

They come bigger than that, I have an 18.4" Acer and I'm very happy
with it.