From: BK on
What an absolute bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: kraut on

Refresh your groups to get rid of the obsolete ones.

From: Anthony Buckland on

"BK" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> This seems to be the only newsgroup to which I can subscribe. I keep
> getting error messages that other newsgroups are "not available on this
> news server."

You need to change to another server that still carries
the groups you want. I switched to news.giganews.com
(not free, USD 7.95 at the service level I chose) amd
am posting from there now.

From: Leythos on
In article <eGfkyhoBLHA.5808(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, nospam(a)nospam.com
says...

> This seems to be the only newsgroup to which I can subscribe. I keep
> getting error messages that other newsgroups are "not available on this news
> server."

If you check the NON-MS owned Usenet servers, all the groups are still
there. MS decided they could not control Usenet no matter how hard they
tried, so they stopped their servers from connecting to it.

These groups will be around for a long time, in public, but you won't be
able to use MS's servers to access them.

Trust yourself.