From: Adrian C on
I suspect microsoft many have binned it.

Links from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314062 lead to
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

And links from that for the list, lead to
http://winqual.microsoft.com/help

which is of no help ...

--
Adrian C
From: DL on
So what particular piece of hardware concerns you?

From: smlunatick on
On Jan 18, 7:45 pm, Adrian C <em...(a)here.invalid> wrote:
> I suspect microsoft many have binned it.
>
> Links fromhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/314062lead tohttp://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
>
> And links from that for the list, lead tohttp://winqual.microsoft.com/help
>
> which is of no help ...
>
> --
> Adrian C

Microsoft has "stopped" all "new" XP "software" sales last "June
2009." It seems that the Hardware Compatibility has also "went" with
the official XP sales from Microsoft.
From: Brian A. on
"Adrian C" <email(a)here.invalid> wrote in message
>I suspect microsoft many have binned it.
>
> Links from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314062 lead to
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
>
> And links from that for the list, lead to
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/help
>
> which is of no help ...
>
> --
> Adrian C

Start here for devices/systems:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Default.aspx?m=x
If the XP tab at the top of the page isn't already selected, click on it.
You may need to scroll down a tad to see the selections:
Devices or Systems
Processor type
Category
Start

or go here for devices:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductList.aspx?m=x&g=d&cid=&f=86d

and here for systems:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductList.aspx?m=x&g=s&cid=&f=86d

--

Brian A. Sesko
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm

From: Adrian C on
On 18/01/2010 22:47, Brian A. wrote:
> Start here for devices/systems:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Default.aspx?m=x
> If the XP tab at the top of the page isn't already selected, click on it.
> You may need to scroll down a tad to see the selections:
> Devices or Systems
> Processor type
> Category
> Start
>
> or go here for devices:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductList.aspx?m=x&g=d&cid=&f=86d
>
> and here for systems:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductList.aspx?m=x&g=s&cid=&f=86d

Brian, thanks for checking. The issue was that I was using FireFox.

The above links work properly only with IE !!

(FireFox, Safari & Chrome all end up at the help page)

--
Adrian C