From: Michael on
Fry's wanted $13 for some push-down suction desoldering device.

Anyone know where to get a desoldering sucker for a reasonable price?

From: John Larkin on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:48:31 -0700 (PDT), Michael
<mrdarrett(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Fry's wanted $13 for some push-down suction desoldering device.

Sounds reasonable to me. Why didn't you just buy it?

>Anyone know where to get a desoldering sucker for a reasonable price?

Solder wick works better.

John

From: Michael on
On Apr 30, 12:35 pm, John Larkin
<jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:48:31 -0700 (PDT), Michael
>
> <mrdarr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Fry's wanted $13 for some push-down suction desoldering device.
>
> Sounds reasonable to me. Why didn't you just buy it?

I'm frugal, plus it sells for the equivalent of $2 outside of the
country...

> >Anyone know where to get a desoldering sucker for a reasonable price?
>
> Solder wick works better.

Sounds like a good idea... will look into that.

> John

Michael
From: Adam Di Carlo on
John Larkin <jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> writes:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:48:31 -0700 (PDT), Michael
> <mrdarrett(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Fry's wanted $13 for some push-down suction desoldering device.
>>

> Sounds reasonable to me. Why didn't you just buy it?

Seems pricey to me. How about buying a bulb tho?
mouser.com, p/n 384-1002, $2.79.

I have a couple of these and a push-down, and I like the bulb better.

>>Anyone know where to get a desoldering sucker for a reasonable price?
>
> Solder wick works better.

Agreed tho the bulb is nice for when there's a huge blob of solder to
clean up. Some people prefer the suction, I dunno, maybe I just don't
know how to work the solder sucker right.

--
....Adam Di Carlo...<adam(a)onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>
From: Michael on
On Apr 30, 2:17 pm, Adam Di Carlo <a...(a)onshored.com> wrote:
> John Larkin <jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> writes:
> > On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:48:31 -0700 (PDT), Michael
> > <mrdarr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>Fry's wanted $13 for some push-down suction desoldering device.
>
> > Sounds reasonable to me. Why didn't you just buy it?
>
> Seems pricey to me.  How about buying a bulb tho?
> mouser.com, p/n 384-1002, $2.79.
>
> I have a couple of these and a push-down, and I like the bulb better.
>
> >>Anyone know where to get a desoldering sucker for a reasonable price?
>
> > Solder wick works better.
>
> Agreed tho the bulb is nice for when there's a huge blob of solder to
> clean up.  Some people prefer the suction, I dunno, maybe I just don't
> know how to work the solder sucker right.
>
> --
> ...Adam Di Carlo...<a...(a)onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>

Yeah, my dad has a suction bulb... but he's 75 miles away... thought
I'd shop around at RadioShack or mouser.com, thanks for reminding me.