From: McGonigle on
Hi, I'm shopping for a good looking and reliable
external 2.5'' caddy. I'll be obliged if anyone could
recommend one . THANKS !
From: Al Dykes on
In article <8lHun.679116$5n1.363705(a)newsfe01.ams2>,
McGonigle <mcgonigle(a)eu.org> wrote:
>Hi, I'm shopping for a good looking and reliable
>external 2.5'' caddy. I'll be obliged if anyone could
>recommend one . THANKS !

Reliability is good, but you have to plan for the fact that the *best*
disk can die the day after you buy it and you must plan your computer
procedures accordingly.

I don't know what an "external caddy" is. I've just bought a Seagate
FreeAgent USB disk (500MB).

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/freeagent/

There are several manufactures and I expect that they are all about
the same. It's powered of the USB jack. It doesn't need a wall wart.

--
Al Dykes

From: Barry Watzman on
They are all pretty much the same except for differences you can clearly
see. The USB to {drive} conversion is just a single chip, and while
there are different ones, you won't know which one any given product has
and for the most part it doesn't matter.

From: McGonigle on

"Al Dykes" <adykes(a)panix.com> wrote in message
> In article <8lHun.679116$5n1.363705(a)newsfe01.ams2>,
> McGonigle <mcgonigle(a)eu.org> wrote:
>>Hi, I'm shopping for a good looking and reliable
>>external 2.5'' caddy. I'll be obliged if anyone could
>>recommend one . THANKS !
>
> Reliability is good, but you have to plan for the fact that the *best*
> disk can die the day after you buy it and you must plan your computer
> procedures accordingly.
>
> I don't know what an "external caddy" is. I've just bought a Seagate
> FreeAgent USB disk (500MB).
>
> http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/freeagent/
>
> There are several manufactures and I expect that they are all about
> the same. It's powered of the USB jack. It doesn't need a wall wart.
>
> --
> Al Dykes
> News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is
> advertising.
> - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail

Thanks ! As they almost the same I'll go for a reasonably priced one.

From: Barry Watzman on
That would be about FIVE DOLLARS (US). Total, INCLUDING shipping. For
an external USB 2.5" hard drive caddy (not including the drive itself).