From: Hillbilly on
I have no experience with selecting embedded text editors (textarea
replacements) for ASP.NET Web Forms so I hope we can generate a series of
comments regarding the selection of which text editor has proven to be most
usable from a developer's perspective as well as a user's perspective?

From: Jamesb on
On 11/02/2010 16:54, Hillbilly wrote:
> I have no experience with selecting embedded text editors (textarea
> replacements) for ASP.NET Web Forms so I hope we can generate a series
> of comments regarding the selection of which text editor has proven to
> be most usable from a developer's perspective as well as a user's
> perspective?

I used this one in a project and was happy with it from my point of
view, very configurable (I told it to get rid of most of the options!).

http://ckeditor.com/

No complaints from the users so far, so I'm calling that a success. :-)
From: Hillbilly on
I was trying to configure that one myself and their docs leave me hanging
which is why I asked to get perhaps a broader view of what is available. If
you are using customConfig would you share your config file with me? I'm
missing something simple but just don't see what it is yet --or-- I'm stil
lookign for somebody who blogged this issue if you know of a well written
explanation to refer me to.

From: Hillbilly on
This ASP.NET wrapper showed up for CKEditor which some may find useful
http://syrinxckeditor.codeplex.com/

"Jamesb" <spam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 11/02/2010 16:54, Hillbilly wrote:
>> I have no experience with selecting embedded text editors (textarea
>> replacements) for ASP.NET Web Forms so I hope we can generate a series
>> of comments regarding the selection of which text editor has proven to
>> be most usable from a developer's perspective as well as a user's
>> perspective?
>>
> I used this one in a project and was happy with it from my point of view,
> very configurable (I told it to get rid of most of the options!).
>
> http://ckeditor.com/
>
> No complaints from the users so far, so I'm calling that a success. :-)

Pages: 1
Prev: GDI
Next: Non-Unicode strings in VB.NET?