From: Yuri on
I noticed that on /Sun Aug 8 08:46:23 2010 UTC /this port just
disappeared with cvs message by beat:
Remove expired port www/mplayer-plugin: Upstream support dropped. Please
consider using www/gecko-mediaplayer instead.

Could you please add the notice in /usr/ports/UPDATING saying just the
same as cvs checkin message does?
UPDATING file is the place where all people updating the ports look
where they notice the disappeared port.

Thank you,
Yuri

From: Rob Farmer on
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Yuri <yuri(a)rawbw.com> wrote:
> I noticed that on /Sun Aug 8 08:46:23 2010 UTC /this port just disappeared
> with cvs message by beat:
> Remove expired port www/mplayer-plugin: Upstream support dropped. Please
> consider using www/gecko-mediaplayer instead.
>
> Could you please add the notice in /usr/ports/UPDATING saying just the same
> as cvs checkin message does?
> UPDATING file is the place where all people updating the ports look where
> they notice the disappeared port.

This is noted in MOVED, which is the correct place for such things.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/MOVED.diff?r1=1.2188;r2=1.2189

--
Rob Farmer