From: Heather on

<ron_tsald(a)not.for.spam.org> wrote in message
> This problem just started on the last update of SpywareBlaster. Each
> time it comes up at boot, I have to manually immunize the Mozilla
> protection. It shows some hundreds of items not loaded for Mozilla.
> I did uninstall and reinstall. Same problem.

I had that happening too and I found the answer on the Firefox Forum.

Click on Tools and second from the bottom is "Clear Recent
History".....click on that and make sure ONLY *cache* is ticked off. One of
the other categories is causing that problem. Could be Site
Preferences......I forget. But since I did the above, I have had no
problems with SpywareBlaster losing 100's of immunizations.

Heather

From: Heather on

> On Wed, 26 May 2010 19:34:25 -0400, "Heather" <lainie(a)nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>><ron_tsald(a)not.for.spam.org> wrote in message
>>> This problem just started on the last update of SpywareBlaster. Each
>>> time it comes up at boot, I have to manually immunize the Mozilla
>>> protection. It shows some hundreds of items not loaded for Mozilla.
>>> I did uninstall and reinstall. Same problem.
>>
>>I had that happening too and I found the answer on the Firefox Forum.
>>
>>Click on Tools and second from the bottom is "Clear Recent
>>History".....click on that and make sure ONLY *cache* is ticked off. One
>>of
>>the other categories is causing that problem. Could be Site
>>Preferences......I forget. But since I did the above, I have had no
>>problems with SpywareBlaster losing 100's of immunizations.
>>
>>Heather
>>

> When you say ONLY cache should be ticked off, do you mean that it
> should be the only box with a check mark in it, or all the others
> should have check marks in them, but not the cache box?
>
> sorry, I'm a bit vague on the language.
>
> Thanks for answering.

ONLY Cache should have a check mark in the box........the others should be
blank. And you are welcome cuz it took me a while to figure out why that
was happening. Sometimes Firefox comes up with good answers if you dig hard
enough (G).

Cheers.....Heather

From: Buffalo on

ron_tsald(a)not.for.spam.org wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:01:08 -0400, "Heather" <lainie(a)nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>> <ron_tsald(a)not.for.spam.org> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 26 May 2010 19:34:25 -0400, "Heather"
>>> <lainie(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>>>

>>> When you say ONLY cache should be ticked off, do you mean that it
>>> should be the only box with a check mark in it, or all the others
>>> should have check marks in them, but not the cache box?
>>>

>> ONLY Cache should have a check mark in the box........the others
>> should be blank. And you are welcome cuz it took me a while to
>> figure out why that was happening. Sometimes Firefox comes up with
>> good answers if you dig hard enough (G).
>>
>> Cheers.....Heather
>>

> Okay. Thanks again. I've really been too busy for the past week to
> spend anytime on lesser things. I'll make those settings tonight and
> see what happens tomorrow.
>
> Thanks a 3rd time. :o)

Actually I believe it is the Site Preferences box that needs to stay
unchecked.
I had this problem awhile back and when I unchecked Site Preferences, all
was fine. I believe you can leave the others checked, if you choose to do
so.
Buffalo

From: Heather on

"Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in message

> ron_tsald(a)not.for.spam.org wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:01:08 -0400, "Heather" <lainie(a)nowhere.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> ONLY Cache should have a check mark in the box........the others
>>> should be blank. And you are welcome cuz it took me a while to
>>> figure out why that was happening. Sometimes Firefox comes up with
>>> good answers if you dig hard enough (G).
>>>
>>> Cheers.....Heather
>>>

>> Okay. Thanks again. I've really been too busy for the past week to
>> spend anytime on lesser things. I'll make those settings tonight and
>> see what happens tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks a 3rd time. :o)
>
> Actually I believe it is the Site Preferences box that needs to stay
> unchecked.
> I had this problem awhile back and when I unchecked Site Preferences, all
> was fine. I believe you can leave the others checked, if you choose to do
> so.

Thanks Buffalo.......I don't tick off the other boxes as I prefer to remove
cookies (for example) manually. I thot it was Site Preferences that was
interfering with SpywareBlaster, but wasn't 100% sure.......so figured cache
was a good one. I have FF set to wipe those out on shutdown anyway.

Cheers...Heather