From: Androcles on

"colp" <colp(a)solder.ath.cx> wrote in message
On Jun 21, 4:00 pm, stevendaryl3...(a)yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough)
wrote:
> colp says...
>

> >On Jun 20, 5:57=A0pm, Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:
> >> colp, you complain that SR implies a contradiction: each twin is
> >> younger than the other, which is absurd. No one has yet explained to
> >> you why, in SR, it is not absurd.
>
> >They haven't explained the symmetric twin paradox because it is
> >actually absurd to thing that two contradictory predictions are both
> >true.
>
> SR only makes one prediction: in the symmetric case, the twins
> are the same age when they reunite.

That smacks of political reasoning: Start with your conclusion (in
this case that there is no paradox) and make your argument fit the
facts of the day as necessary.

According to you, SR says:

1. Light travels at constant velocity, at speed c, in all directions,
independent of the motion of the source.
2. An ideal clock traveling at speed v for time period t will show
an elapsed time of T = t square-root(1-(v/c)^2).
3. An extended object traveling at speed v will, after reaching its
equilibrium shape, be contracted in the direction of motion by a
factor
of square-root(1-(v/c)^2).

According to Einstein
tau = t.square-root(1-(v/c)^2)
= less seconds for the moving clock. (multiplication)
xi = (x-vt) / sqrt(1-(v/c)^2)
= greater length for the moving rod. (division)

"the clock moved from A to B lags behind the other which has remained at B."
moving clocks run slow.
moving rods get LONGER.
3. An extended object traveling at speed v will, after reaching its
equilibrium shape, be EXPANDED in the direction of motion by a
factor of square-root(1-(v/c)^2).

Why does every dork and his dog continue to call it contraction?

4. An object not under the influence of any forces will move at
constant speed.

Those are all true in any inertial coordinate system.
Inertial systems are Newtonian.
You can't mix Newtonian Mechanics with Stupid Relativity.

A team of scientists working under the direction of researchers from the
University of Sussex have recently discovered that Einstein did not say
"inertial".

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/inertial.JPG

Nor did he mean inertial:
"If we assume that the result proved for a polygonal line is also valid for
a continuously curved line, we arrive at this result: If one of two
synchronous clocks at A is moved in a closed curve with constant velocity
until it returns to A, the journey lasting t seconds, then by the clock
which has remained at rest the travelled clock on its arrival at A will be
1/2 tv^2/c^2 second slow."