From: Ben Finney on
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo(a)geek-central.gen.new_zealand> writes:

> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for
> all to see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away.
> I'm assuming this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I
> expect an apology. Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse
> complaint to your ISP.

Er? On what grounds would you complain to their ISP? You might consider
the person rude, but that's not grounds for an abuse complaint. What
part of their ISP's terms of service do you think they have abused by
de-obfuscating information you freely posted to the internet?

--
\ “If you do not trust the source do not use this program.” |
`\ —Microsoft Vista security dialogue |
From: geremy condra on
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python(a)benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo(a)geek-central.gen.new_zealand> writes:
>
>> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for
>> all to see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away.
>> I'm assuming this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I
>> expect an apology. Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse
>> complaint to your ISP.
>
> Er? On what grounds would you complain to their ISP? You might consider
> the person rude, but that's not grounds for an abuse complaint. What
> part of their ISP's terms of service do you think they have abused by
> de-obfuscating information you freely posted to the internet?

I routinely post my email on this and other mailing lists and have yet
to get a piece of spam in my inbox as a result. I suggest you get a
better spam filter rather than expecting the rest of the universe to
annoy itself for your benefit.

Geremy Condra