From: BobF on
sambodidley wrote:
> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> The killer robot "sambodidley" <scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> grabbed the
>> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> \
>>> If that was done out in the woods and there was nobody there to see
>>> it, would that salt still wiggle like that? <g>
>> The salt would still wiggle, but there would be no sound. ;)
>

>> Glennbo
>
> Then the sound's not what's causing the salt to move?

Nope. There is only vibrating air until an ear converts the vibrations
to sound!
From: sambodidley on

"BobF" <nothanks(a)nospam.yum> wrote in message
> sambodidley wrote:
>> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>>> The killer robot "sambodidley" <scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> grabbed the
>>> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> The salt would still wiggle, but there would be no sound. ;)
>>

>>> Glennbo
>>
>> Then the sound's not what's causing the salt to move?
>
> Nope. There is only vibrating air until an ear converts the vibrations to
> sound!

Oh, I see. Then it;s your ear that moves the salt. Right?

From: Gary R. Hook on
BobF wrote:
> sambodidley wrote:
>>
>> Then the sound's not what's causing the salt to move?
>>

> Nope. There is only vibrating air until an ear converts the vibrations
> to sound!

I think the salt is responding to vibrations in the platform, which
responds to the frequency of the sound.
From: BobF on
Gary R. Hook wrote:
> BobF wrote:
>> sambodidley wrote:
>>>
>>> Then the sound's not what's causing the salt to move?
>>>

>> Nope. There is only vibrating air until an ear converts the
>> vibrations to sound!
>
> I think the salt is responding to vibrations in the platform, which
> responds to the frequency of the sound.

Not the sound, but the vibrations in the air! ;-)
From: Steve_Karl on
Here's an other reason.
Just read the first paragraph from this page at my brother Greg's site.
http://gregorykarl.com/pages/research.html

Steve

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message news:Xns9D1BD5386CCE3BrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)69.16.185.250...

> [x-posted coz it's neeto]
>
> Even though you don't see it, sound has a deeper effect than the obvious.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyQSZX8HMI&feature=related
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits