From: Bret Cahill on
You've seen it happen a thousand times. The first responses to a good
OP will be those with nothing to say and no interest in the subject,
IOW, the stoopid.

Later on the knowledgeable appear exposing the first responders as
complete fools.

This is easy to explain:

1. The thoughtful, by definition, are going to give a good OP some
time. They'll at least research the matter to make sure that Karl
Marx, in fact, wrote the Federalist #10, or that it is impossible to
determine the flow rate in a pipe.

2. The dumb outnumber the intelligent so the odds are that the first
responders will be dumb.

Bret Cahill

From: Bret Cahill on
> You've seen it happen a thousand times.  The first responses to a good
> OP will be those with nothing to say and no interest in the subject,
> IOW, the stoopid.
>
> Later on the knowledgeable appear exposing the first responders as
> complete fools.
>
> This is easy to explain:
>
> 1.  The thoughtful, by definition, are going to give a good OP some
> time.  They'll at least research the matter to make sure that Karl
> Marx, in fact, wrote the Federalist #10, or that it is impossible to
> determine the flow rate in a pipe.
>
> 2.  The dumb outnumber the intelligent so the odds are that the first
> responders will be dumb.

Take this thread for example:

Why the Ignorant / Stupid Are the First Responders to Good Math /
Science / Tech OPs
1 Bret Cahill Jun 22
BP loves Waxman-Obama cap&trade (circa Kyoto Protocol, or Waxman's
'91 bill)
2 spudnik Jun 22
Garbage in, Garbage out (Was Re: Why the Ignorant / Stupid Are the
First Responders to Good Math / Science / Tech OPs)
3 Shrikeback Jun 22
folks really believe that oilcos hate cap&trade on fossilized fuels
TM?
4 spudnik Jun 23
From: spudnik on
yeah; that was quite self-referential, dood.

thus&so:
well, just day, Duh!... as you could learn, Obama was the lawyer,
who put-together the foundation money to start the CCX
in 2003; free trade, free beer, freedom in a free market,
run by the City of London! (the Carbon Credit Exchange is based
in London; the Intl. Carbon Exchange is HQ'd in Atlanta, but
is juridicially administered in London; etc. ad vomitorium.)

thus&so:
it is quite the fault of Californicators, since I suppose that
we are the #1 customers of Gulf and Alaska oil, because
of a little spill off of Santa Barbara in the Brown Admin. --
and he's bound & determined not to let any knew leases,
as the AG. please, folks; do the God-am math!... and, of course,
we are still using '50s nuclear energy (seven tenths
of the noncarbon-burning electricity in the US , even so .-)

the figure of seeps in teh Gulf,
of one Exxon Valdez per year, was in a cover article,
some years ago, in Scientific American or National Geographic.

thus&so:
it is apparent from the Liberal Media, Owned by consWervatives,
that BP's spill is being used to promote BP's cap&trade nostrum,
to the effect that Waxman-Obama will mandatorize the huge,
voluntary cap&trade in the USA, which is smaller than the EU's,
which is mandatory. so, how did Waxman's '91 cap&trade bill, go,
mister Murdoch -- was it also "cap&tax" a l'Urinal?
http://larouchepub.com/other/2010/3724nuke_brit_sabotage.html

thus&so:
teabagism is based on a false principle,
that the American Revolution was predicated
upon "taxation without representation,"
which was but a tiny corner of the real ecoonomic problem
-- which is exemplified by the so-called Nobel Prize
in Economics, such as the NYTimes columnist got;
there ain't no such a thing, whether or not Klugman knew!

thus&so:
there is one theory, that Moon is a dead planet; that is,
if one does not assume that all craters are via bolides,
that the maria are basaltic seafloors, and the highlands
being the finally acreted "Panluna."
therefore, if residual water is to be found,
mayhap also residual hydrocarbons.
> The vacuum of Moon makes a conventional liquid or fluid impossible.

thus&so:
are not there already several kinds
of "surrogate factoring" in numbertheory ...
is that a demonstration of the meaning Life,
Universe and 42?... yeah; the second Meander number!

thus&so:
that's about what Roemer did (no umlaut
for the o, hereat). note that
Vedic astrology included the precession of the equinoxes,
whereas Western or Symbolic or Solar atrology doesn't;
it is based upon Ptolemy's hoax, which had no epicylce
for that well-known phenomenon. so,
when a typical western astrologer does your sign,
it is no-better than the twelve daily fortune-cookies
in the newspaper -- Sydney Omarr is dead;
long-live Sydney Omarr (TM) !!

> > a + b + c + d = x^2
> > a^2+b^2+c^2+d^2 = y^2
> > a^3+b^3+c^3+d^3 = z^3
> If (a, b, c, d) is a solution then so is (akk, bkk, ckk, dkk) for any square kk.
> Solutions for a,b,c,d < 1300 with no such common square factor include
> (0, 0, 0, 1)
> (10, 13, 14, 44)
> (54, 109, 202, 260)
> (102, 130, 234, 318)

thus&so:
surely it could not be so hard,
to find some of the rather definitive un-null results
of Michelson, Morely et al; is it?... well, even
as Albert the Witnit wobbled on the idea of aether,
it is really a matter of interpretation. so,
why cannot the electromagnetic properties
of atoms in "space" be an aether; to wit,
permitivity & permeability?
should your "theory" can be taken at all seriously,
you'd have to be able to explain such; would you not?
oh, and there never was a twin paradox;
it is just a "term of art" and pop-science. I mean,
shouldn't the few properties of energy, of light,
be of the ultimate importance for matter,
per the experiments of Young, Fresnel et al,
in utterly burying Newton's "theory" of corpuscles
-- til it was rescued by the word, "photon;
hereinat to be interpreted to mean a massless rock
o'light?... and, thanks for that Nobel!"
> Using Larmor’s transform, there is no twin’s paradox.

--BP loves Waxman-Obama cap&trade (at least circa Kyoto, or
Waxman's '91 cap&trade on NOX and SO2) --
how about a tiny tax, instead of the Last Bailout
of Wall Street and the "City of London?"
http://larouchepub.com/pr_lar/2010/lar_pac/100621pne_nordyke.html

--le theoreme prochaine du Fermatttt!
http://wlym.com

From: Cassidy Furlong on
well, there's phi of me to one o'you; go figure!

> 2.  The dumb outnumber the intelligent so the odds are that the first

--the duke of oil!
Rationale. In addition to political, economic, and mechanical
feasibility, one must consider the environmental consequences of
choosing ethanol over gasoline. In par- ticular, the amount of air
pollution released in the form of CO2 and other green house gases
(GHGs) is a crucial point of interest. In order to model the
difference in ethanol and gasoline emissions, it is necessary to
calculate the final mass of GHGs (in the case where 10% of the
gasoline energy supply has been replaced by ethanol) minus the ini-
tial mass (before the 10% replacement was implemented). If the result
is negative, the 10% ethanol scenario gives off fewer GHGs; if it is
positive, it gives off more.
Assumptions and calculations. Our model is based on the following
assump- tions:
1.
Itisassumedthatnearlyallofthegasolinerequiredfortheproductionofethanol
is used in the farming and harvesting stage, while other energy
sources (i.e., coal)
http://www.maa.org/pubs/cmj47.pdf
http://tarpley.net/online-books/george-bush-the-unauthorized-biography/chapter-8-the-permian-basin-gang/