From: Arti Singh on
I have some ruby scripts that use win32ole to automate Microsoft Excel
on Windows7, can I port this ruby script to my MAC and use it there?

From: Joseph E. Savard on
Not sure how that winole23.dll will work in osx .

This may get you a little further :
http://macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2007/02/27/replacing-applescript-with-ruby
html?page=2

The other thought is to look into openoffice development tools.
http://downloadnew.org/scripts/text-management/openoffice-for-ruby-ooo4r-191
456.html

Cocoa stuff http://rubycocoa.sourceforge.net/HomePage