From: Deester on
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...

What is the latest windows update agent version supported for Windows 7 - 32
bit and 64 bit operating systems. The version installed on our Windows 7
systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.

All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226. Not sure if
I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or RC?

[Ignore the APPLIES TO section if Win7; Access KB971058 via IE8 32-bit only;
Run the Fix It in DEFAULT and AGGRESSIVE modes]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

This reset will upgrade WUA in the process.

Or see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

Or see the FAQ "How do I know if I have the Latest Version of the Windows
Update Client and how do I get the latest client if it is not?" at the top
of the WU forum page:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads

From: Shenan Stanley on
Deester wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>
> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
> Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems. The version
> installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>
> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226. Not
> sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

Reasonable question...

I would usually point such things to:
How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage
updates on a computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104

But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...

It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16, 2010 -
Revision 9.0.

Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html

So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it on
a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Deester on
That article really does not mention Windows 7. I push my windows update
agent upgrades through SMS. It concerns me that no where does it say what
windows update agent version is the latest for Windows 7.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
If you're pushing updates via SMS, this is not the correct support venue.