From: Alan T on
>>> Why would you ask a Windows 7 question in a Windows XP newsgroup?
>
> http://news.individual.net/ carries "alt.windows7.general"

It is a paid usenet group

From: Bob I on

Alan T wrote:

>>http://news.individual.net/ carries "alt.windows7.general"
>

> It is a paid usenet group

Ah no, the usenet group is free, it's that particular news server that
costs. Just access the newsgroup from one of the "free servers".

From: Alan T on

>>>http://news.individual.net/ carries "alt.windows7.general"
>>

>> It is a paid usenet group
>
> Ah no, the usenet group is free, it's that particular news server that
> costs. Just access the newsgroup from one of the "free servers".

What good free news server do you recommend?

From: Bob I on

Alan T wrote:

>>>It is a paid usenet group
>>
>>Ah no, the usenet group is free, it's that particular news server that
>>costs. Just access the newsgroup from one of the "free servers".
>

> What good free news server do you recommend?

For the purpose of accessing "alt.windows7.general"? I wouldn't bother,
99% of the postings are flames and user bashing. You'd spend more time
maintaining filters than reading posts.