From: Fernando Rios on
Hey guys I'm new here, it's just that I don't frequent these places too much
bothering with my little issues and try to solve them by myself Click the
image to open in full size. but this time I can't find an explanation to
what's going on my laptop

My problem is that every time when I'm chatting with someone in Windows Live
Messenger 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726) which came preinstalled in my brand new
ASUS laptop a few weeks ago , but the issue started a few days ago. So the
problem is that every time I'm having a conversation with someone and I try
to open the little window for choosing a wink or emoticon to send, Windows
Live Messenger completely freezes for over a minute and doesn't let me choose
a wink or emoticon to send Click the image to open in full size. , then while
it's freezed I open the Task Manager to see what's happening and the CPU is
on 5-10% usage and the ram in on 23% usage. So I don't get the
freezing/lagging...

My laptop specs are the following :

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13Ghz
4GB of RAM (DDR2 800mhz)
320GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M 1GB of VRAM

Thx in advance guys Click the image to open in full size.
From: RR on

I have the same problem!

plus, messenger freezes latley and peaks my RAM-memory for some odd reason,
så I have to shut it down and wait for my RAM-memory to get relaesed. This
problem is new for me. But the freeze problem with the smilys have allways
been there since I upgraded to the newest MSN version.

From: vlm mesenger vlm on
mesenger