From: v8toilet on

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> liza wrote:
>
> > i have recently updated the latest window update:
> > (Note : before this my WMP 11 is runinng smoothly)
> > Conexant - Audio - Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221
> >
> > the problem is : once i update i can't play my music in my WMP 11
> > encountered error message C00D11BA
> >
> > is any way to solve this problem, or just remove the updated from Add/
> > Remove Program
> >
> > any idea?
>
> See:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&mpver=11.0.6000.6344&id=C00D11BA&contextid=83&originalid=80040256
>
> and:
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/articles/10725.aspx
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

This post not resolve the issue. The issue is directly related to Windows
Update which pushes down a driver for the 221 chipset that doesn't work on HP
and Compaq laptops. The solution is to run a custom windows update and
always uncheck any updates related to the conexant hardware and it will keep
working. If you install any of the 'drivers' that MS is providing you lose
your audio device.

I realize this topic is old but I want to prevent people from continually
killing their audio hardware everytime they feel compelled to do an update.