From: Henry on
I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. I have Windows Media Player ver 11 on
three computers. On one of them it works just fine. On the other two
it opens an .avi file but I only get sound and curvy waves where the
video should be. No video.

Any one know the problem please? Do I need a video codec and if so
which one?

Thanks

Henry
From: Lawrence�Logic on

"Henry" <wa0goz(a)arrl.net> wrote in message
> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. I have Windows Media Player ver 11 on three
> computers. On one of them it works just fine. On the other two it opens
> an .avi file but I only get sound and curvy waves where the video should
> be. No video.
>
> Any one know the problem please? Do I need a video codec and if so which
> one?

My advice would be to download Shark codec. Delete all of your other codecs
and install Shark. Problem solved.

--
Lawrence
"In the outside world I am a simple geologist, but in here I am Falcor,