From: WingingIt on
Unable to install security update after many attempts. Looking for suggestions.
Error Code: 0x80070663
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

..Netframework versions installed are:
1.1.4322.2463
2.0.50727.3603

WinVer:
XP Pro/ V 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514: Service Pack 3)
32 Bit
From: Ǝиçεl on
0x80070663 ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED
This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package
exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to
verify that this is a valid Windows Installer update package.

That was just a link I came acяoss while searching for something else and I
thought it may be of interests.

When you try to install the update from one of the following Web sites, you
may receive error 0x80070670 or error 0x80070663 during the installation of
the update, and the installation does not continue:

• The Office Update Web site
• The Microsoft Update Web site
• An administrative Web site

No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches.
Source:
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=913754>

I'd яecommend resubmitting your post here:

Start a help ticket.

Help and Support

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=1&gprid=9860>

OR

I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in the U.S. or Canada.

Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the number for paid
support in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus or
security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as well.

Other than that, I'm about out of ideas, so good luck with it.

Let us know maybe someone else can conjure up something else to try.

Good luck
-=-

Ǝиçεl

"WingingIt" wrote:

> Unable to install security update after many attempts. Looking for suggestions.
> Error Code: 0x80070663
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
> Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
>
> .Netframework versions installed are:
> 1.1.4322.2463
> 2.0.50727.3603
>
> WinVer:
> XP Pro/ V 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514: Service Pack 3)
> 32 Bit

Pages: 1
Prev: Error code 646
Next: Windows updates won't install