From: Agavar on
I have been unable to do any updates since I got my new computer with Vista
Basic. I continually get the 80070422 error. I have gone into
Administrative Tools and checked Properties under Windows Update. At first
Automatic (Delayed) was selected, and I changed that to Automatic. The
Service status was already on Started. However, I still cannot do any
updates and still get the above error message.
From: Gistcheckin on
Restart background intelligence service

Retry updating.
--
Gistcheckin

From: Agavar on

"Gistcheckin" wrote:

> Restart background intelligence service
>
> Retry updating.
> --
> Gistcheckin
>

> "Agavar" wrote:
>
> > I have been unable to do any updates since I got my new computer with Vista
> > Basic. I continually get the 80070422 error. I have gone into
> > Administrative Tools and checked Properties under Windows Update. At first
> > Automatic (Delayed) was selected, and I changed that to Automatic. The
> > Service status was already on Started. However, I still cannot do any
> > updates and still get the above error message.

I tried this, but still get the 80070433 error when I try to update.
From: Gistcheckin on
Your Error # changed is it 80070422 or 80070433

Check the Dependency Tab on either of the above Services - It appears
something is missing from the service (80070433 error). Try to determine
what is missing.

To register the Wuaueng.dll file, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Wuaueng.dll, and then click OK.
2. When you receive the following message, click OK:
DllRegisterServer in Wuaueng.dll succeeded.

Retry installation

--
Gistcheckin

From: Rootax on

"Agavar" <Agavar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
>I have been unable to do any updates since I got my new computer with Vista
> Basic. I continually get the 80070422 error. I have gone into
> Administrative Tools and checked Properties under Windows Update. At
> first
> Automatic (Delayed) was selected, and I changed that to Automatic. The
> Service status was already on Started. However, I still cannot do any
> updates and still get the above error message.

Hello there

First, sorry for my english, i'm french.

I've the same problem since a few days with my Vista Ultimate x64. All my
services are started, i restarted them, i tried to rename the
SoftwareDistribution folder, so WU creates a new one, but the problem is
still here...

"{817A12BC-6517-4ACE-9F34-E1B3DFA634A6} 2007-06-23 15:04:09:796+0200 1 148
101 {61CA813A-7585-442E-A66B-B0D15CE6BDC0} 1 80070422 SelfUpdate Failure
Software Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error
0x80070422."

Windows Defender updates are ok though.