From: LennyCald on
Error number: 0x80096001
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

NONE of the possible solutions worked. Also found Windows Defender Fails to
start, uninstalled it, downloaded new msi & will not install. Also Windows
malicious software tool fails to perform a sweep. Have installed AVG AV=0
infections, AdAware=cleaned 11 problems, Spybot S&D=cleaned 11 items. Have
seen this problem on 4 machines in past several months.
From: Florida Gal :) on

-- try disabling some of the toolbars in IE..that worked for me..

"Have a Great Day"

From: Engel on
Hello Lenny,
If the problem remains after following Florida Gal's advice, download and
run this:

Download the Trial version of Superantispyware Pro (SAS):
<http://www.superantispyware.com/supe....html?rid=3132>

Download the anti-spyware program from the above link, install it, UPDATE
it, then scan your computer.
The best way to scan your computerfor anything like this(spyware or viruses)
is in Safe Mode.
Hit F-8 at startup, go into safe mode, scan, remove problem, then start
normally.
- -- ---

Also, try this
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction

http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works Âșut.
- -- -----

"LennyCald" wrote:

> Error number: 0x80096001
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> NONE of the possible solutions worked. Also found Windows Defender Fails to
> start, uninstalled it, downloaded new msi & will not install. Also Windows
> malicious software tool fails to perform a sweep. Have installed AVG AV=0
> infections, AdAware=cleaned 11 problems, Spybot S&D=cleaned 11 items. Have
> seen this problem on 4 machines in past several months.

Pages: 1
Prev: error code 0x80072EFD
Next: WindowsUpdate_800B0100