From: Robert T on
When trying to run Windows Update on two different machines with XP SP3 I
receive a message that Windows Update can not display page with the error
code - 8002802B
--
Robert Tankersley CDP
From: MowGreen on
0x8002802B TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND
Element not found.

How long has this error been occurring, Robert ?
That error would usually be associated with a corrupted download.
I suspect this instance would be related to the need to install the
latest release of the Windows Update Agent or, when a new
antivirus/security suite/3rd party firewall was installed:

How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help
manage updates on a computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104

The download links are under: Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008,
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Grab the one that suits the system's architecture.
Then stop the Automatic Updates service and, if a running service, BITS,
too.
Then install the WUA and restart the system.
See if it can update now.
If not, post the *last* 50 or so lines of the WindowsUpdate.log, please:

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"