From: Skybuck Flying on
A couple of days ago I was at my mother place again... and I tried to fix it
and wasted another 1 hour and 30 mins of my life.

I was unable to fix it.

Windows update displays error: 0x800A01CE

Apperently there is a windows update log... I collected both files and put
them in a WinRar file so that maybe somebody
could take a look at it and see what the problem is:

The file is available on the following link:

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/MotherPCWindowsUpdateLog/WindowsLogVeryMessy.rar

The folder is:

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/MotherPCWindowsUpdateLog/

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Thread history:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/27f5069955604a61

0x800A01CE
The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable

Is WinXP SP3 installed?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Skybuck Flying on
By the way... I did try to re-install flash last sunday when I was there...
(flash 10.1 I think it was)

It totally failed with a very long error message/number... something like:

00000000_00000000000000000000000000etc.

(I also had problems installing the latest flash on my own machine... I
managed to solve it somehow... I think I used
a special program to fix it or so... I'll have to look into that... This
could be unrelated to the windows update problem though.
So this could just be a seperate issue with flash.).

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Wipe & reload.