From: Jacques Gilbert on
My Windows XP has two accounts: 1) a general user account for kids and other
family users which doesn't require any password and 2) an administrator
account with password to protect access to my own personal files.

Until recently I am unable to open my Finale notation software via my
administrator (password) account. Whenever I try to open it, the following
error message pops up : "Ctree error 16 in CTDetail:822". I've tried
desactivating my password but that doesn't change anything. The error
message keeps popping up. Strangely enough, all other softwares (Words,
Excel etc) works perfectly. Finale seems to be the only one affected by this
problem.

On the other hand, if I access my Finale software via the other family
account (which doesn't require any password) the software opens up and
works beautifully with any Finale file in my computer.

Has anyone out there encountered a similar problem with either WXP or
W98? I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestion as how to resolve this
issue. Thanks. JG

From: user on
Jacques Gilbert wrote:

> My Windows XP has two accounts: 1) a general user account for kids and other
> family users which doesn't require any password and 2) an administrator
> account with password to protect access to my own personal files.
>
> Until recently I am unable to open my Finale notation software via my
> administrator (password) account. Whenever I try to open it, the following
> error message pops up : "Ctree error 16 in CTDetail:822". I've tried
> desactivating my password but that doesn't change anything. The error
> message keeps popping up. Strangely enough, all other softwares (Words,
> Excel etc) works perfectly. Finale seems to be the only one affected by this
> problem.
>
> On the other hand, if I access my Finale software via the other family
> account (which doesn't require any password) the software opens up and
> works beautifully with any Finale file in my computer.
>
> Has anyone out there encountered a similar problem with either WXP or
> W98? I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestion as how to resolve this
> issue. Thanks. JG

It`s not the exact error message that you`re getting, but could still be the solution to your problem.

http://www.finaleforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=345&highlight=ctree+error+16+ctdetail+822
From: Jacques Gilbert on
Thanx for the tip. Unfortunately the suggested solution doesn't seem to work
for me.

"user" <user(a)noemail.com> wrote in message
> Jacques Gilbert wrote:
>
>> My Windows XP has two accounts: 1) a general user account for kids and
>> other
>> family users which doesn't require any password and 2) an administrator
>> account with password to protect access to my own personal files.
>>
>> Until recently I am unable to open my Finale notation software via my
>> administrator (password) account. Whenever I try to open it, the
>> following
>> error message pops up : "Ctree error 16 in CTDetail:822". I've tried
>> desactivating my password but that doesn't change anything. The error
>> message keeps popping up. Strangely enough, all other softwares (Words,
>> Excel etc) works perfectly. Finale seems to be the only one affected by
>> this
>> problem.
>>
>> On the other hand, if I access my Finale software via the other
>> family
>> account (which doesn't require any password) the software opens up and
>> works beautifully with any Finale file in my computer.
>>
>> Has anyone out there encountered a similar problem with either WXP or
>> W98? I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestion as how to resolve
>> this
>> issue. Thanks. JG
>
> It`s not the exact error message that you`re getting, but could still be
> the solution to your problem.
>
> http://www.finaleforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=345&highlight=ctree+error+16+ctdetail+822

Pages: 1
Prev: USB Driver Needed