From: "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" on
Hi Tom,

See the latter part of this article:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Activation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

From: mark on
I don't understand how he is going to boot into Safe Mode in order to try
these solutions is the activation message won't let him logon. Is it
possible to still boot into Safe Mode if the machine is not activated?

mark

From: "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" on
Usually, yes.

From: mark on
I did not know that...
Maybe this link will help?...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330136

mark

"Tom" <Tom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WIndows XP Home, Toshiba laptop
> After restoring the system to it's earlier time, I keep getting the
> following message when I try to login. "This copy of windows must be
> activated with Microsoft before you login. Do you want to activate?".
> After
> clicking on OK it logs off, won't log in. I dont' know what to do...

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Next: bootable rescue media