From: Canny Scot Canny on
Hi

I have just linked up my sony handycam to my computer which is running vista
32 bit. I managed to download video on to windows movie maker. I also have
Roxio 2009 installed and when I switched to this to download the remainder
of the video it did not recognise the video camera as being connected.

When I switched back to Movie Maker, it does not recognise the camera being
connected either. Compatibility issues?

Thanks
From: R. McCarty on
Probably you'll have better luck with a Vista or Roxio forum posting.

As a general rule when you replace a Windows feature with a 3rd
party app it's best to use the 3rd-party one. Some USB devices draw
the limit of 500-mA of current and may cause an overload where the
device disappears from the Device table even though it's plugged in.