From: Jerald on
I found out that i had a pirate copy of xp pro and i purchaced a key from
microsoft.The problem i am having is they told me to go to this web site an
run a tool called product key update tool. so i did this and now i get a
error when i run this of 0x80004005. i have a internet connection because im
running it from there site like it says in the info, but i always get this
error and never get to the point of adding the new key they sent me. Can
anyone help thanks.
--
jerald
From: Anton Pegan on
Hi Jerald,
Follow the steps in the article below:
"Error Code: 0x80004005” error message when you install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081
Regards,
Anton Pegan

From: Jerald on
Thanks Anton i'll try it out
--
jerald

From: Serhiy.Kravchenko on
Anton
i tried what explained in the article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081
but nothing changed!
the same error

we have WinXP Prof Rus (came with Fujitsu Siemense laptop)
just the laptop was infected and after a-virus clean-up began to work
very slowly...
so i decided to reinstall SP2
after the laptop restart we get this error
restoring files from CD haven't help...

any other ideas?
thank you

Anton Pegan íàïèñàâ: