From: Monkey on
Does anyone know what the above code refers to? I can get no help from the
Windows Help and Support site. The error code occurs when I click on the
'search for updates' button. That's as far as I get.

I was in fact just trying to load some HP software in order to connect to a
new printer, but when this wouldn't work, it was suggested that step 1 to
fixing the printer connection problem would be to make sure my updates are up
to date! Any advice?
From: MowGreen on
Please see:
Error when you download updates using Windows Update or Microsoft
Update: 8000FFFF
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com

From: Ian on
FYI...I deleted the registry edit key "AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving" in
HKLM --> COMPONENTS and it fixed the 8000FFFF error. Took me countless hours
and many suggestions that didn't work before I found the solution. Hopefully
this helps out other people with the same error.