From: gbmarshall on
Code error 80070643 - no windows updates will install. I can't install
anything else either. Had Visual Studio 2010 beta installed and can't
uninstall/reinstall the new released version. Can't install latest iTunes
9.1.1 either. Says windows update service not availalbe. I've turned on the
service but still nothing works. Done everything every other post/article
says to do - still nothing. I'm not looiking forward to reinstalling Vista
to solve this....thanks for your suggestions!
From: Dirk on
I have a simmilar problem with all the latest updates for Microsft
Framework.net aswell as the update for Silverlight.

From: Peter Foldes on
See the following
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643

--