From: Dave on
For some reason MS provide several interfaces for this but refuse to
document them.

I am interseted in using WMPVideoCtrl and am able to add it to a sub, but I
can't make it do anything, presumably I need something like:

Set myWMPVideoCtrl = myWindowsMediaPlayer.???????????

But I have no idea what the ????????? should be. A google on "WMPVideoCtrl"
gave 1 hit asking much the same question with a reply from a MS person
saying he "couldn't" give any information.

"Someone" must know - mustn't they?

From: NickHK on
Dave,
You are talking adding this control at design time ?
right click the Toolbox, select Components the check the Windows Media
Player.
Add it to your form like any other control and away you go.

NickHK

From: Dave on

"NickHK" <TungCheWah(a)Invalid.com> wrote in message
> Dave,
> You are talking adding this control at design time ?
> right click the Toolbox, select Components the check the Windows Media
> Player.
> Add it to your form like any other control and away you go.

Done all that and indeed away it went, I now want to be able to set 200% &
50% from my own context menu, these are set with WMPVideoCtrl.Zoom but
WMPVideoCtrl needs to be set equal to something and I don't have a clue and
MS certainly aren't giving any clues as to what it should be set equal to.

Thanks Anyway
Dave.

From: NickHK on
Dave,
Not that I've really used this control, but the Object Browser shows
Property DisplaySize As MPDisplaySizeConstants
And MPDisplaySizeConstants values of:
mpDefaultSize
mpDoubleSize
mpFitToSize
mpHalfSize

Etc

From: Dave on
Nick
Thanks for your help but you are missing the point, I have the
WindowsMediaPlayer (wmp.dll) control working, I know the interface I need to
use is the WMPVideoCtrl and I know to use it I need to assign a variable to
that and then set it equal to some part of the WindowMediaPlayer control, my
problem is that there is no documentation as to what to set it equal to.

The MPDisplaySizeConstants are NOT part of the WindowsMediaPlayer (wmp.dll)
as far as I can tell (by trial & error) they belong to "MS Video Control
Type Library" (msvidctl.dll) which is a different control. Of course they
may interact and I'll have a look at this possibility over the weekend.

Thanks Again
Dave.