From: JR on
This comment is so true. It is now September 2009, and i still have this
problem with this darn code. Do we have a fix-it for this problem yet?

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
JR wrote:

> This comment is so true. It is now September 2009, and i still have this
> problem with this darn code. Do we have a fix-it for this problem yet?

This very old thread describes several different problems. Please start a new
thread describing exactly what *your* problem is, including which operating
system you are using and which service pack is installed, and hopefully someone
will be able to help.

Harry.

From: MowGreen on
Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
to install updates on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003:
0x80070005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968003

Not running those editions of Windows ? Then start a new thread and
provide some relevant details instead of tagging onto a thread from
2007: How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *not* have *non-security content* prechecked"

From: pk on
When all else fails....

I had this similar/same problem and the only way I found to resolve it was
to first uninstall Windows Defender, & then reinstall it again. That has
probably been suggested on this thread before but give it a try anyway.

good-luck,
pk

- - - - -