From: Cybrarian on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044

Heaven forbid I should use WINDOWS UPDATE to update Windows OMG what was I
thinking?

Now I'm getting this error on both of my 2008 servers... what am I supposed
to do, come in on a Sunday to reinstall Windows, risking loosing AD?

Why don't you write the updates correctly so they install correctly?
From: Michael on
"Cybrarian" <Cybrarian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
>> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044
>
> Heaven forbid I should use WINDOWS UPDATE to update Windows OMG what was I
> thinking?
>
> Now I'm getting this error on both of my 2008 servers... what am I
> supposed
> to do, come in on a Sunday to reinstall Windows, risking loosing AD?
>
> Why don't you write the updates correctly so they install correctly?

Who are you talking to, cybermoron? No one here works for Microsoft.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Cybrarian wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
>> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044
>
> Heaven forbid I should use WINDOWS UPDATE to update Windows OMG what was I
> thinking?
>
> Now I'm getting this error on both of my 2008 servers... what am I
> supposed
> to do, come in on a Sunday to reinstall Windows, risking loosing AD?
>
> Why don't you write the updates correctly so they install correctly?

Heaven forbid you should begin your own, new thread about YOUR problem
instead of hijacking someone else's thread from Oct-09!

Heaven forbid you should quote my entire reply! ...which included a
reference to:

How to overcome error 0x80070490 when installing updates in Windows
Vista/Server 2008
http://blogs.msdn.com/andrekl/archive/2008/09/29/how-to-overcome-error-0x80070490-when-installing-updates-in-windows-vista-server-2008.aspx

Heaven forbid that you assume I work for or represent Microsoft! (I don't
nor does anyone else here.)

PS: Bite me.

From: tong on
I have tried a lot of times, but failed. Finanlly, I manually downloaded the
KB, and clike on the download files to install, the outcome is successfully
installed.

tong

From: thepeartree on
And I suggest you find some references that are in English, so that the
majority of people likely to read this will be able to understand the
material you linked to!