From: tjs on
System Update Readiness Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Toby

From: Eddie Bowers [MSFT] on
This is probably the best resource for resolving this error if the System
Update Readiness Tool does not fix it:
http://blogs.msdn.com/andrekl/archive/2008/09/29/how-to-overcome-error-0x800
70490-when-installing-updates-in-windows-vista-server-2008.aspx
Do not perform any of these steps however if you are not familiar with
editing the registry or the other tools involved because you could end up
with an unbootable system.

-Eddie
From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Eddie Bowers [MSFT]" <eddieb(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Eddie, get a _real_ newsreader! <eg>

> This is probably the best resource for resolving this error if the System
> Update Readiness Tool does not fix it:

> http://blogs.msdn.com/andrekl/archive/2008/09/29/how-to-overcome-error-0x80070490-when-installing-updates-in-windows-vista-server-2008.aspx

/Best/ when not chopped. ; )