From: sl on
I have 2 desktop computers on my desktop connected to a desktop switch.

One of the computers has a wireless device connected via a USB port. This
wireless
device is used to connect to a Cisco wireless Access Point, via which
intenet traffic passes.

If I disable the LAN on the computer with wireless device, I can access
internet.

I am wondering how to configure the PC so that wireless LAN and LAN can work
together.

Thanks.

From: Ole Kjos on
sl(a)exabyte wrote:
> I have 2 desktop computers on my desktop connected to a desktop switch.
>
> One of the computers has a wireless device connected via a USB port. This
> wireless
> device is used to connect to a Cisco wireless Access Point, via which
> intenet traffic passes.
>
> If I disable the LAN on the computer with wireless device, I can access
> internet.
>
> I am wondering how to configure the PC so that wireless LAN and LAN can work
> together.

Hi!

Some more information would be usefull. Which OS are you using on the
desktops, and how are the networks configured (DHCP or static IP).
Would you like the other desktop to be able to access the internet as
well, or would you like the other computer to be preventet from
accessing the internet, and only let the comouters talt to eachother.
From: SL Da on

> Hi!
>
> Some more information would be usefull.  Which OS are you using on the
> desktops, and how are the networks configured (DHCP or static IP).
> Would you like the other desktop to be able to access the internet as
> well, or would you like the other computer to be preventet from
> accessing the internet, and only let the comouters talt to eachother.

I apologise because the PCs are running XP; I don't read the windows
networking group.

On LAN fixed IP: 192.168.43.x

On wireless LAN: DHCP 192.168.2.x
Broadband modem connected to router, LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

No pass-through internet connection allowed.
From: sl on

> Some more information would be usefull. Which OS are you using on the
> desktops, and how are the networks configured (DHCP or static IP). Would
> you like the other desktop to be able to access the internet as well, or
> would you like the other computer to be preventet from accessing the
> internet, and only let the comouters talt to eachother.

Also (when LAN is disabled),

1. I can ping 192.168.2.1 (the router)
2. I can ping 192.168.1.1 (the modem)

When LAN is enabled,
1. I can ping 192.168.2.1 (the router)
2. I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 (the modem)

Thanks.

From: Pascal Hambourg on
Hello,

SL Da a �crit :

> I apologise because the PCs are running XP; I don't read the windows
> networking group.

Then what does it have to do with Linux ? Why don't you ask in a general
TCP/IP group ?

> On LAN fixed IP: 192.168.43.x
>
> On wireless LAN: DHCP 192.168.2.x
> Broadband modem connected to router, LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

If a default route is defined on the LAN interface, delete it.