From: Bishop on
How can I use a wildcard in a With Sheets statement? I have written a macro
that works on sheet ScoreCard. However, during the export process if the end
user saves the workbook rather than open it ScoreCard is changed to
ScoreCard.Bob or ScoreCard.Alice. I need to do something like this to make
the macro work

With Sheets("ScoreCard*")

but that doesn't work. Ideas?
From: Andrew Taylor on
dim ws as worksheet
for each ws in Worksheets

From: Dave Peterson on
When I do this for myself, I usually just activate the correct sheet first.

If I do it for others, I tell them to activate the correct sheet first.

Then I can use:

with activesheet

If I want a reminder, I'll add this kind of stuff near the top:

Dim Resp as long

resp = Msgbox(Prompt:="do you want to run the macro against this sheet", _
buttons:=vbyesno)

if resp = vbno then
exit sub
end if

with activesheet

--

Dave Peterson
From: Andrew Taylor on
Sorry, posting trouble: try something like

Dim ws as Worksheet
For Each ws in Worksheets
If ws.Name like "ScoreCard*" Then
With ws