From: Bob Darlington on
Using Word merge from Access 2002 has just started generating the following
error:
'word cannot start the converter mswrd632 wpc.(5132)'
Has been working fine up till a couple of days ago.
Also happening on client PCs using the same program.
Anyone else having this problem?

Bob Darlington
Brisbane

From: Roger and Becky Fite/Walker on
On Dec 11, 2:06 am, "Bob Darlington" <b...(a)dpcman.com.au> wrote:
> Using Word merge from Access 2002 has just started generating the following
> error:
> 'word cannot start the converter mswrd632 wpc.(5132)'
> Has been working fine up till a couple of days ago.
> Also happening on client PCs using the same program.
> Anyone else having this problem?
>
> Bob Darlington
> Brisbane

Yes. I'm getting the same on client pcs. We are suspecting a MS
update caused it since it started happening to several clients at the
same time. Don't have a great solution yet. Moving everything to
docx may be a solution.
From: Roger and Becky Fite/Walker on
On Dec 11, 2:06 am, "Bob Darlington" <b...(a)dpcman.com.au> wrote:
> Using Word merge from Access 2002 has just started generating the following
> error:
> 'word cannot start the converter mswrd632 wpc.(5132)'
> Has been working fine up till a couple of days ago.
> Also happening on client PCs using the same program.
> Anyone else having this problem?
>
> Bob Darlington
> Brisbane

Solution for us was not using a .doc as the merge filename. Change it
to .txt
From: Bob Darlington on

"Roger and Becky Fite/Walker" <fitewalker(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 11, 2:06 am, "Bob Darlington" <b...(a)dpcman.com.au> wrote:
> Using Word merge from Access 2002 has just started generating the
> following
> error:
> 'word cannot start the converter mswrd632 wpc.(5132)'
> Has been working fine up till a couple of days ago.
> Also happening on client PCs using the same program.
> Anyone else having this problem?
>
> Bob Darlington
> Brisbane

Solution for us was not using a .doc as the merge filename. Change it
to .txt

Thanks for the reply.
I'll give it a run.

Bob Darlington

From: Bob Darlington on
That worked fine thanks.
I seem to remember changing the merge data file from .txt to .doc some
years ago becuase of a similar MS update problem.

--
Bob Darlington
Brisbane