From: Barbara Duprey on
Douglas Wandersee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble when I recently upgraded to the latest Open
> Office. When I uninstalled the old one and installed the new one, all
> my Writer documents became unreadable. They changed to "Doc" files
> and I can't seem to convert them back, or save them as a different
> file type. So, I'm stuck. Please email me back if you can help.
> This didn't happen to my spreadsheet documents, only the writer ones.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Doug, the formats of the actual files would not have been changed by the
installation. Most likel;y, what has happened is that the file
association with Writer got lost. If you right click on one of the files
and choose Open With, then browse to your OOo Writer program
(swriter.exe), select it, and choose the option to always use this
program for these files, you should be back in business.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

Pages: 1
Prev: [discuss] Program Idea
Next: Program Idea