From: SilverICE on
I've had all sorts of problems getting Windows Update to run on several of my
Windows 2003 servers, and have found a work around that is very helpful.

So, FWIW:
1. Open up browser and go to Windows Update Site - it will check your
computer to make sure you have the latest version, blah, blah, blah.
2. Don't click the 'Express' or 'Custom' buttons. Instead, click the 'Use
administrator options' link on the left side of the page.
3. On the Administrator Option page, under 'Update multiple operating
systems', click the 'Windows Update Catalog' link. This will take you to the
previous version of Windows Update which actually works.
4. On the left side of the page, under 'See Also', click the 'Windows
Update' link.
5. Scan for updates.

Hope this helps some of you out.
From: Juergen Hader on
SilverICE schrieb/wrote:

> Hope this helps some of you out.

Worked great on two Windows 2000(!) Servers that always brought errors
0x8024401b (all Patches "failed") and 0x80072efd on Windows / Microsoft
Update v6.

Thanks a lot!
Juergen
From: Neil Price on
I have a Windows 2000 server that's suffering similar 0x8024401B errors when
trying to download updates. Using the v4 Windows Update appears to work -
but actually isn't picking up the 6-7 critical updates that v6 is showing (v4
is showing no critical updates at all).

Neil

From: noa on
Helpful - thank you !