From: gaharlan on
Ok its working now.

Initially I was copying the DLL out to the Development Server and executing
T-SQL script to Create Assembly from DLL and the Functions from the Assembly.
When doing this I received no errors, except that it would error when
attempt was made to execute a function.
I deployed the SQL Server Solution from my workstation out to the Dev
server. Once I did that it worked. I tried to find on the Dev box where the
DLL's were being stored but could not find them, so I don't know why its
working now and wasn't before.

Any insite into why this worked would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

"Kent Tegels" wrote:

> Hello gaharlan,
>
> > =========== ERROR ===========================
> > System.Data.SqlServer.TruncationException: Trying to convert return
> > value or
> > output parameter of size 16 bytes to a T-SQL type with a smaller size
> > limit
> > of 2 bytes.
> > System.Data.SqlServer.TruncationException:
> > at System.Data.SqlServer.Internal.CXVariantBase.StringToWSTR(String
> > pstrValue, Int64 cbMaxLength, Int32 iOffset, EPadding ePad)
>
> What this appears to be is that you are returning a value larger that the
> return type or a parameter allows. Please post the code the for the method
> in which this exception occurs and let's take it from there.
>

> ---
> Thanks,
> Kent Tegels, DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/