From: QuietMan on
I'm in the middle of transitioning from 2003 to 2007 (half company on each
version)
How do you set it so that Excel 2007 in the primary excel...ie when openning
a file from it automatically defaults to 2007 insted of 2003

Can this be done?

Thanks
--
Helping Is always a good thing
From: Mike H on
Hi,

I have E2003, E2007 & E2010 on the same machine and as I've added new
versions the latest version has become the 'default' version.

Are you saying this isn't happening?
--
Mike

question.

From: Gord Dibben on
Since 2003 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2003 and
re-register 2007

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2003\excel.exe" /unregserver

See the space between exe and /unregserver.

Then register 2007

Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /regserver

This process should make Excel 2007 the default for opening files.

You may not have to unregister 2003 first but I err on the side of
caution<g>

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: QuietMan on
Yes that's what I'm saying...it just started to default to excel 2003. Even
if it's an excel 2007 file

From: Dave Peterson on
Just to be contrary, I don't usually unregister xl2003 first. I figure that
reregistering xl2007 should be enough to take over the association.

I'm not sure what the heck gets reset when you unregister a version.

But if my suggestion failed, I'd use Gord's!

--

Dave Peterson