From: Sudheendra Panganamala on
Hi

My requirement is to create new files by names from database(UTF8
encoded for multi language support).

Mostly Japanese langauge support. I need to create file for each project
with project name. Sometimes the project name will be in Japanese.

In such case i could not generate file name with "事由別バグレポート.txt".

I am getting always garbage characters as file name ex:
事由別バグレポートtest.txt

Awaiting for your help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sudheendra

From: Luis Lavena on
On Jul 8, 8:25 am, Sudheendra Panganamala <uma.su...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My requirement is to create new files by names from database(UTF8
> encoded for multi language support).
>
> Mostly Japanese langauge support. I need to create file for each project
> with project name. Sometimes the project name will be in Japanese.
>
> In such case i could not generate file name with "事由別バグレポート.txt".
>
> I am getting always garbage characters as file name ex:
> 事由別ムグレムートtest.txt
>
> Awaiting for your help. Thanks in advance.

How are you retrieving the values from the database? Are sure is
UTF-8?

If you're under Windows, the only version capable of doing it is
1.9.2, which -rc1 has been _broken_ in relation to gems so is advised
to avoid it.

You can try with 1.9.2-preview3

--
Luis Lavena